- This event has passed.
General Membership Meetings Cancelled Through August
June 1 - August 31
Hello fellow hoteliers and tourism professionals. Most of you are keenly aware of the affect that the COVID19 Pandemic is having on travel. Pursuant to the recommendations from the CDC and WHO, the SCLA board has opted to cancel this month’s general membership meeting. We hope that you are all working to maintain healthy workplaces and encourage operational practices that will help limit the spread of this and other diseases. If you are just starting your research on the topic, we’d like to offer a few places to start…
- WHA’s article is helpful and specific to our industry: https://wahospitality.org/resources/coronavirus
- Here is the latest advice the WHO has on international travel: https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail
- ServSafe has a few resources on surface sanitation: https://www.foodsafetyfocus.com/FoodSafetyFocus
- EPA released a list of cleaners effective against the virus: https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2020-03
- CDC has a great print out that you can use in your break rooms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
- WSDOH has some good general information in several languages for your diverse teams: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/NovelCoronavirusOutbreak2020/FactSheet
Good luck everyone and stay safe and healthy! Check back for event updates. We’ll update you via email as well!